I NEED TO TAKE MY OWN ADVICE

Do you know how often I find that I repeat myself! I'm not talking the "how many times do I have to tell you" nonsense that we ask our children from time to time. I'm talking about how many times to I tell myself the same thing over and over, how many times do I repeat it to other people? 

Today, my Mom said, "I guess I just needed to hear it again." She's right you know. You find yourself repeating yourself over and over until it sinks in! It's like playing a sport, let's say baseball. You start out in t-ball and you move up through the years but you only get better at the sport with what? 
  • Repetition
  • Practice. 
  • Over and over.

Right? Why am I telling you this? Well...this morning I read over the few previous posts that I have and I realized that I keep saying the same stuff! What brought this about? My MOM.

I thought about deleting the previous posts and then I thought, "No, I want you to read my story, see my struggle..." So those past few posts are staying put for that reason. I've recently been inspired to get back to work, by none other than my Mother. Of course - she was the reason in 2011... So I suppose it's only right that she once again has become that source. 

She started a Facebook group, after much prayer and deliberation that has been inspiring me to do more. 

You see, I have a few Facebook groups, a couple Facebook pages but a lot of times I feel as if I'm simply talking to myself. The likes, comments and shares are so few and far between that I wonder why put in all that time and effort. Same goes with this blog...is anybody even reading it? Seriously? If it's not going to be read, watched, liked, initiate a response or shared, then what is the point! 

I also have a bit of one track mind. I start off great and then become MIA. Most of that is due to lack of engagement. It's HARD to have a one sided relationship of any kind. 

So why has Mom's Facebook group of all things spurred me into action? Because believe it or not people are ENGAGING

As a BeachBody Coach & a Close to my Heart Consultant I see a lot of posts from other coaches and consultants. Some have GREAT engagement and some not so much. The things I've noticed is those that receive the most engagement are:
  • Posting regularly (if not too much)
  • Posing with product after product (Shakeology selfies are the worst...yes I'm guilty of a few)
  • Making silly videos that you have to watch
  • Making videos that make you go "UH" (just lost 5 minutes of my life)
  • Putting themselves out there...

So what's my struggle again? Lack of engagement, but that's not a 100% the truth. You see, I can do all the above things but a few of them put me 150% out of my comfort zone! I can post 50 times a day. I can pose with my Shakeology over and over (insert eye rolling). I can make the videos. I can put myself out there. The real problem however is... 

I'm embarrassed. 

I feel comfortable posting in my Mom's group, but putting all that out there on my personal page or my business page is just a bit unnerving. 

I'm ashamed.

I fell completely off the fitness wagon and there are people in my friends list that I'd rather hide from, if I'm completely honest. 

I'm afraid.

What will people think of me now that I'm not as inspiring as I was...

I'm sad.

I get emotional over the fact that I allowed this to happen...

I'm vulnerable.

I seem to have misplaced my confidence. I don't like that at all - who does right? And here's the BIG one...

I'm not in Control! 

Here's the biggest question of all though. Was I really in control to begin with? What do you think? What am I going to do with this knowledge? I have dreams and I'm not doing such a good job at chasing them am I? 


with much love,
~Coach T~




No comments

Back to Top