Constant Consistency Challenges


I'm gonna call it the CCC. I struggle with it CONSTANTLY! The last post I made was on the 8th and it was short and sweet. I never returned, even though I said I would in 5 minutes. My goal is to post every other day except Sunday's and so far it is still a serious CHALLENGE for me. Today, (the day I'm writing this is January 16th), I aim to do better regularly and honestly I think that's all we can do, every day. Life is going to knock you down time and time again. It's up to you whether or not you get back up

My Mom and I were recently discussing health and exercise. She said something to me that I'd like to share. 

"The one thing I notice about most fitness post though is they seem to think everybody is on the same page, and the same level and we're not. We're all different ages, weights and have different health issues. There are some things that I physically would harm myself if I did, that you or someone even healthier or with less weight or younger could do with no problem. That's not to say that someday I may be able to do some of those things or at least do a moderation of some of those things, but people seem to want to push you to do things that will hurt you."
"You can do this! They say. You got this! They say. But the truth is I can't physically do some of that unless I want to be hurt. That can be very discouraging and make you not want to read the post."

What do you think about that?

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about that lately and I’ve a few things to say about it. I hope you will hear me out. She is right; to an extent. We are all at different levels, ages, weights, and struggling with different health issues. I am a BeachBody Coach and it is my goal to HELP you. I do not in any way ever wish to hurt you; however, I am guilty of saying:

“You can do this!” or “You got this!”   

I do not say this as a “market strategy”. I say this because I truly believe it. I’m not going to tell you that you can’t”. I am sorry, I do not believe in that word. Once you start telling yourself you cannot do A, B, or C before long you’ll find yourself unable to do D, E, or F! 
It is a downward spiral that I will not encourage – ever.

I believe in you no matter your age, weight or health issues. You may not believe in yourself, but that does not mean that I cannot believe in you. It does not mean that I won’t push you to reach a little higher or stretch a little further. You are capable of far more than you will ever know and I can say that to you NOT because I’m a Beachbody Coach BUT because I’ve lived it. I’ve experienced what it’s like to learn and see just what my body is capable of. The ONLY way to experience this and learn it is to simply TRY.
just try
When I ran my first marathon in 2013, I struggled from mile 19 all the way to 26. I started having cramps in my hamstring at mile 19, by mile 22 I was barely moving. I was hurt. I was in a lot of pain. I’d hit that dreaded wall runners talk about and I did not know how to get over it. I was crying – something I rarely admit to doing. I was texting my best friend Jenny, my Mom and my Husband. The struggle was real! I broke down and told my husband, 
I can’t”. He said the best thing anyone has ever said to me:

You CAN and you WILL. You have never said that you can’t and I’m not about to let you start now. Keep moving.

At mile 24, my husband and children met me. My son and husband grabbed each of my hands, my daughter carried items and they all walked me across that finish line. They believed in me, when I no longer did, when I had given up on myself. That is what I want to do for YOU!

You will tell me things that I will view as “false” and I will tell you so, just as my husband told me during the marathon. However, I already believe in you. Now, I simply want to hold your hand and walk with you through this journey.

I'll help you


Let’s say I have encouraged you to buy the 21 Day Fix and you’ve received it…
What do you do next?
Do you…

A)   Sit down and watch it first and then psych yourself out of doing it?
B)   Plan to start it on Monday and forget?
C)   Start it on Monday and give up on Wednesday?
D)   Honestly commit to it for 21 days modifying everything you are currently unable to complete due to your weight, age or health issues?
E)   Commit to it for 21 days doing exactly every single thing it says even though you are physically not ready for certain moves and end finding yourself injured, disappointed and frustrated?
F)    Get started and run into a few issues and discuss with your coach???
G)   Successfully complete the program and feel proud of yourself?

Do you know what I would like you to do? 

I’d like you to call me when you receive your box. I’d like to talk you through it, answer some of your questions and help you prepare to fully commit yourself to the program for 21 days. I’d like you to call me, text me or message me each day after your workout and tell me how it went, how you felt, where you had struggles, ask me questions and let me help you. Most of all, I’d like you to allow me to be your friend first and then your Coach. I don’t want you to get hurt during your journey, but I will not tell you that you cannot do it. I’m sorry, my heart would shatter if I told you that, because I truly deep in my heart believe that you CAN do it. It may require baby steps, modified movements, slower moves…but you CAN if you first make the decision to TRY. If you have injuries you know what your limits are, do not ignore them.

If you want a friend or a Coach who will sugar coat things, who will tell you that you can’t do a, b, or c, and who does not believe in you – then I’m not the friend or Coach you need. I will never lie to you – I may suck at being consistent, but I will never lie to you. I won’t sugar coat things. I won’t tell you that the bagel you’re eating is a great breakfast when I believe otherwise. I won’t tell you that you cannot do something when I believe in my heart and soul that on some level you can. I am a bluntly honest person, but I will not get in your face and yell at you or tear you down. My goal is to first and foremost be your friend, to encourage you, to believe in you and to help you see just what an amazing person you truly are and how strong your body really is.

I’m going to be real with you. You will see “marketing” from me. Selling BeachBody products is how I make an income. If I do not promote them, I do not make any money. However, I will not promote products that I myself have not tried or had experience with. That doesn’t mean that I will not share with you when new items are being released or on sale, because I will. If you follow me on Instagram you will see all the hashtag craziness. If you follow my FB page – you will see all that there as well. If you are a member of my FREEprivate’ FB group you will see it there as well.

you are the author


However, I will be real with you. I will share with you how I, personally, am doing. I will share with you what my struggles are, what I’m eating, drinking, when I screw up, what exercises I’m trying to improve on and so much more. I will share this journey with you as if we are best friends.

If that is something you would like then I invite you to be my friend and join me in this journey.

Sincerely,

~Coach Tonya~

https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=691301 

No comments

Back to Top